Monday, August 23, 2010

Writer's Block

Oh, um. . .what to write about? Need to update the blog-no more fancy trips just the one long and hot weekend in Prineville keeping cool by the swamp cooler or breezing in the boat on the Reservoir all with fun friends-slept on memory foam mattress and bought our own on the way home but it's the new and improved one with memory gel along with the foam or some such thing and, boy, is it comfortable and my back feels better than it has in a long, long time-thinking lots about turning 64 next month especially with the Beatles' song "When I'm 64" running through my head many times per day-want to get in touch with my Stayton friends for a walk in the Wilderness (maybethisweekendifyou'rereadingthis?) so did a practice walk in the cool of this morning-was lovely but I was puffing a bit-it's the extra weight which is driving me crazy but I can't resolve what to do and I can't believe I'm actually putting that thought out into cyberspace-yikes!and fall will start next week with childcare responsibilities shaping our schedules again but then it's off to San Francisco to see our Derek and Brian special friends for some Bay Area fun and hi jinks before I have to prep for the in-service workshop I'm doing. That's it! A blog update!

2 comments:

  1. Your loooong sentence reminds me of writing by Bryan Doyle, one of my favorite writers. He edits the Portland Magazine for UP and writes very thought-provoking essays, which often include very long sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you were more faithful about keeping this thing up I would have notice that you're ready to come to Stayton and hike.

    How about waiting until the pedestrian bridge to the river front is finished, especially since that it looks now like it might actually happen and building the thing was in doubt for most of the eight years since the City promised to build one?

    Check the August 30 pic: http://staytondailyphoto.com/

    I love Celine's site (and not just because she posts my pic...OK, that's a lot of it...maybe.

    ReplyDelete