Monday, October 17, 2011

About facebook

I am not all that comfortable with my facebook presence. I'm sure it's because I am used to communicating the old-fashioned way by e-mailing or texting. ( I can't even believe I just said that!) But Sarah showed me a trick about how to avoid reading some of the posts that take up lots of room (did I say that kindly enough?) so I'll hang on for a while longer. I can easily see, however, how people get addicted to this process. I find myself checking to see what's going on a couple of times per day (this seems like plenty of times, don't you think?) So I'll keep in touch with my peeps using a combination of social media along with an occasional snail mail which feels very comfortable indeed. (Great picture of the praying mantis, Brian! That seems like a good thing to show on facebook!)

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely not comfortable with facebook yet. I opened an account this fall so I could send homework reminders to my students. Aghh - sometimes there is too much information. Kids don't have good filters. I'm trying to learn...

    ReplyDelete