Thursday, September 13, 2012

111 XXX (disguised as directed by family members)

The numbers and letters in the title belong to the license plate of the driver of the white Jeep who taught me a driving lesson this morning.  Apparently, I needed to know that it is perfectly acceptable to drive through a yellow light even if I have been waiting for an emergency vehicle to clear the intersection.  It is also okay to use the rude finger gesture and an impatient wave to urge someone to move on.  What was really surprising to me is that a driver is allowed to speed up, turn in front of another car and then sit at a green light to prevent that driver from proceeding. I think that's supposed to teach me what it's like to slow up other drivers. Then you can speed up to a good ten miles an hour faster than the posted limit.  All these little lessons are, I suppose, handy driving hints for how to break the law. Sad to say, though, that even speeding did not allow an escape for the Jeep driver.  He quickly went to the back of the line again and I had plenty of time to write down his ODL number.  Should I report him????

No comments:

Post a Comment