Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Donald Trump

Really? Donald Trump for President? It's still early days for the 2016 election but Trump continues to raise interest in one way or another. What happens next year at this time is still mostly a guess but we should all probably admit that this man has raised our personal interest in his candidacy whether we like him or not. I confess that I just simply fail when it comes to figuring him out.

Take his hair for example. Does he really think it looks good? My guess is that he doesn't have time for a stylist to see to his coif so he takes care of it himself late at night in the privacy of his own super expensive and over luxurious hotel room.  He uses the top brand of hair cutting scissors to trim his obviously thinning locks and then applies his favorite home coloring solution which was delivered to his bathroom by a trusted and well-paid staff member. He finishes by using a secret comb-out method that he himself invented and is in the process of being patented.  He doesn't want your stylist to copy it sort of like the idea that you can be heavily fined if you copy video tapes.  I'm just guessing, but my theory regarding the Trumpster's hair works as well as any other.

His hair not withstanding, Trump is a "looks funny" candidate, as my teaching partner Sheila used to wonder about anyone who subbed for her. Our private theory was that a sub who "looks funny" probably accounted at least in part for poor student behavior in our rare absences. And Trump "looks funny."  Once you tear your study away from his hair, you discover that his suit doesn't do anything for him.  It should if he paid $1000.00 for it and had it carefully tailored to fit, but again I think he's just too busy flying from Manhattan to Texas to share  his innovative ideas about how to manage the influx of all those people who want the jobs that none of us want. Hence, his wearing of suits brought to him by the staff member in charge of Wal-Mart purchases.

Consider his face. Focus on his mouth as he speaks.  It shapes itself into a replica of an over-oxygenated fish. . .gulp, gulp, gulp. In only a short time, I find myself becoming fascinated by how his mouth moves and I lapse into forgetfulness about his hair let alone what he's saying. With all the money that he has, why doesn't he hire himself a special coach to help him more attractively present his pronunciating?

I cannot imagine Trump making a Presidential trip to, say, a developing country in the eastern hemisphere. We'd need to send out an unbelievable amount of disclaimers to convince the host country to take him seriously.

Can he really do all the things he says he can do?  Can he really convince the not so dumb voters that he will?  I'm just saying.  And the days are early.  I wonder what our thoughts will be a year from now?  Maybe I will have changed my mind altogether. But for now, I'm not disrespecting him. I'm just sharing my personal observations.


1 comment: