Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week 7

A Veterans' Day away from school is almost more special than any other kind of day off except maybe for a snow day. No fancy meals to cook, no extra cleaning to do, no gifts to buy. It's just the person with the day off and plenty of good options to consider. I lingered over morning coffee and the crossword. I did this and that pleasant little thing around the house. I went to the Mall for serious Christmas shopping. That requires focus and solitude since the Town Center is probably my least favorite place on earth. Even so, it's pleasant to make the rounds and have some of those gift ideas jump off the shelf and into my arms. At home, a bite of lunch and then I put my feet up with my book in my lap and drifted into a wee nap. I put the finishing touches on some dinner for Pat and then left to join my knitting group. No papers to grade. No lessons to process in my mind. No driving to either campus and no parking anxiety. Just me and my own personal world. Peaceful and pleasant all day long.

1 comment: