Sunday, August 28, 2011


Here's Bobbie literally holding down the fort at Bob's Beach Books yesterday. It was so windy in Lincoln City that vendors would periodically need to throw their own bodies over their wares to keep them from escaping with the wind. It was a gorgeous day in spite of the big wind and we ended up selling many books. It was our first time to market the new pika book so we were extra excited about our sales. Coincidentally, the Oregonian featured a story and big photo about pikas and how they are reacting to climate change in Friday's paper. You can see the laminated article in the lower left corner of the above photo. Also notice Bobbie's hand protecting the pika books while her hair blows in the brisky wind. We celebrated with a little dinner at Kyllo's. Bobbie loved her fish tacos and I liked my clam chowder and salad a lot. We topped the day off by sharing some darn good marionberry cobbler and I still managed not to exceed my powerpoints allowance for the day. Yay! (A Fitness report should appear within a few days.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new book! I would love to buy some copies for my grandchildren...

    ReplyDelete