Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wellness Update

I hereby extend my Wellness experiment into the month of September. I lost 7.8 pounds and ate healthily this month. There were no (ZERO) eating binges of chocolate items or chips or party food. Those things were around, accessible and available but I made good choices. That doesn't mean I didn't eat them; it means that I didn't eat them to excess as I usually do. I ate fruit and vegetables to the point that I got tired of chewing lettuce and crunching carrots, but I didn't leave them out of my daily eating.
My personal trainer brought me along slowly but surely compensating for the arm injury I suffered the first of July when I fell off Amy's bike. I am stronger and am conscious of where my body is stiff and tight. I try to move the stiff parts every day and walk in the mornings when I don't go to training.
I'm proud that I made it all the way through one month! And, by the way, today is a special day because it's my First Day of Medicare. I think that should be celebrated. I will celebrate that and my birthday by eating my all time favorite treat: homemade chocolate cake on Sunday when the family gets together to celebrate Labor Day. Hooray for me and good luck with the September Wellness extension!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your healthy month AND medicare! Wow, if you want a wonderful stretchy workout, you might consider joining the Monday night yoga class at Mt. Pleasant Elem. Taught through Community Ed - it's great.

    ReplyDelete