Monday, September 5, 2011

My Needy Peeps

There are currently three of my people on my Focus List. One is almost hospital bound with a spouse who is recovering from a serious surgery. A second is working through a troubled marriage and a job loss at the same time. A third is putting the pieces of a life together after a particularly frightening psychotic episode. All three are in crisis mode of one kind or another with the first one easily more grounded and stronger than the other two but still needing positive energy from the outside. The third on the list has a helpful and concerned support group to help see the way through this dangerous time.
It is the second one on the list who is really the most in need. I can almost always come up with some way or idea to help someone close to me through a rough time but this one challenges every fiber of my being. I cannot think of a single practical way to help this person navigate the current boulder-filled road. The absolute only thing I can do is to be ready to help if and when the need arises and to continue to love and trust that a way will open itself up. The person is suffering the depths of dark despair and I wonder daily if any light at all is shining on the road. I commit myself to a continual offering of some of the positive energy that the good place in my life right now finds me with. I have an extra strong shoulder to lean on and want my people in need to lean away.
A fourth list member has been moved to the less active Focus List. This person has made the way to a new life from a broken marriage after a trial of several years and a journey of thousands of miles. I wish the other two crisis-laden people in my life could know the details of this success and learn from the events involved that anything is possible if you consider all the angles and give yourself enough power to allow the light to beam through. Sometimes it shines on things that we least expect to provide direction and answers.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Sometimes all we can do is "mourn with those that mourn," even when we wish with all our hearts that we could do more. My heart goes out to you and your focus people. They are blessed to have your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete