Thursday, September 15, 2011

Post A and Post B

A. Wellness Update: oops-a bit of a gain today and I knew it would happen. I didn't want it to happen and I was hoping it wouldn't but it did. But I don't feel all that bad about it. My personal trainer put her finger in my face and cautioned me not to beat myself up. "Just get back on track." She repeated the ideas of not punishing myself and getting back on track enough that I didn't feel quite as hollow with guilt as I had when I arrived at her studio. Then the Weight Watcher lady advised me to focus on the good choices I'd made this last week rather than all the cake and other birthday celebration food I'd consumed. Funny, though. I couldn't bring even one good choice to mind. All I could think about was the chocolate birthday cake that I ate at three different celebrations. Somehow the memory of that stays with me better than the cauliflower and broccoli I ate with my Barbie-sized sandwich at lunch yesterday.
B. This is New Roof Week here at our house. The crew arrived early Monday and are still here staple pounding and throwing large heavy objects off the roof onto the ground. I have stopped jumping in fear that the falling objects might be roofers' bodies. I've also stopped straightening all the wall art 50 or 60 times a day. I still expect faces to be looking at me outside the windows and I'm still trying to sneak showers by not turning on the bathroom light or the fan in case the workers might be passing that window. Not that my body would be of much interest to them-I just want to protect them from what their wives will look like in future decades.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha - how kind you are to the roofer guys. :) And seriously Terry, celebrating birthdays with friends and loved ones IS a good choice. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete