Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jake and Katie

My grandgirls have alter egos. Mary often plays the part of Jake and sometimes plays the part of Alexis aka Lexi. Alicia is always Kate. It's taken me a long time to figure out this role playing game. I often hear them talking to each other using these names but they are not in plain sight when this occurs. I just thought they were taking the voices of various Barbies but began to wonder when they were addressing each other by these names in the back seat of the car with not a Barbie in sight. Then this morning Jake (Mary) was talking through the pet door to Kate (Alicia) who had been kidnapped and was being held in a large cave (the garage). I was washing my hands (using the bathroom) and Jake was feeling sorry for Kate and wondering about how to free her from the kidnappers (getting their stuff together for school). Never miss an opportunity to use your imagination, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment