Friday, April 2, 2010

The Dud

Actually, students had more of an "unresponse" than anything else to the suggestion that I use the "f" word in class. I think they are so used to it that it doesn't make the impression it once did. I tried to encourage someone to say he/she would be offended but there were no takers. I can tell you, however, that as a young teacher in 1967 I would have lost my job and been ridden out of town on a rail accompanied only by my team teaching mates and some enlightened students who still keep in touch with me. My, my how the passing of time changes things.

2 comments:

  1. So true! Thanks for "...the rest of the story." I promise I'll stop asking questions so you can put this baby to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...accompanied only by my team teaching mates..."

    I wouldn't have been there...I'd have been back in the office sneaking cigarettes out of your desk and eating your lunch.

    ReplyDelete