Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Friendly Skies, Where Are You?

We leave for Hawaii in two days. What a celebration this will be! Brian and Ashley's wedding and a vacation in Maui! My lesson plans are written and delivered to the subs, the mid-term was created and given today and I've asked for coverage for my tutoring sessions. Warm weather clothing and sunscreen has been purchased, reading material is lined up, the portable knitting project has been decided upon and we're eating up what's left in the fridge. Stacks of clothing, maps, guidebooks, snorkel equipment, and shoes are waiting on a card table especially set up for the purpose of packing with the four carry-on's waiting underneath. Pills are counted out. The paper and mail have been stopped. The house will soon be clean. Neighbors are notified and rides have been arranged.

But I can't find out where I'm supposed to go to get my anti-fear of flying injection. Does anyone know? Why don't I know this? Maybe I missed a class on this subject when I signed up for the other freshman requirements. Or perhaps I was absent when everyone else received the antidote. It's blatantly obvious to me when I study all the other flying passengers that they know things I don't know. They learned how to sit on an airplane without deep breathing. I haven't caught anyone else popping prescribed pills. They even SLEEP. Is there a kiosk at the Town Center that hands out free pamphlets about flying without fear classes and where they're located? How do I tend to this problem that has somehow gone unattended all my life? Am I the only person out of the loop about how to be casual about flying?

1 comment:

  1. I've been too busy, and I'm behind on reading blogs. Wow, you take off tomorrow! I hope you will be calm and peaceful. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers - have a wonderful time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete